Whether you are new to CrossFit training in Las Vegas or you have been doing CrossFit for years, you probably already know about how important wrist mobility is. There are many exercises that require flexible wrists, and if you don’t have that kind of flexibility, it can lead to a fairly painful situation. Keeping your wrists safe should always be a priority, and safe wrists are flexible wrists. That is why we have come up with the following list of exercises to improve wrist mobility:
Extension and Flexion
- Start out by placing your forearm on a table with your palm facing down and your hand hanging off the edge. If you need padding, you can add a small, rolled up towel under your arm.
- Slowly move your hand upward until you feel a stretch.
- Repeat this same motion again with your palm facing up instead of down.
- Stand up and bend your elbow until it is at a 90-degree angle. Keep your arm at your side and your palm facing down.
- Rotate your arm so that your palm is facing up again, and then rotate your forearm back down again.
- Start out by playing your arm on a table, just like you did in the first exercise, except this time your thumb will be facing upward.
- Extend your wrist up and back down again, making sure that you are stretching to your full range of motion.
By improving your wrist flexibility, your can enjoy vast strides in your CrossFit progression, and it will also help you to prevent injury.