CrossFit Games Tickets go on sale May 6th!
Hello CF2S athletes! We wanted to get this out to all of our members so would have enough time to be ready to purchase! We are also looking at blocking of a few Hotel rooms for those who want to head down together! This would be a great event for all of our CF2S athletes to attend. Some of you went to the 15.5 Open event held at CrossFit Max Effort last month and know how exciting that was, well this is x 10 the excitement:)
– Tickets go on sale Wednesday, May 6th at 10:00 a.m. PST time on the AXS.com website. It is HIGHLY recommended that you log in at least 15-30 minutes early to get placed in a waiting room before the 10:00 a.m. sales time, as Games passes have a solid history of selling out within minutes. If you are going to be stuck without computer access, we suggest that you get a friend to buy a ticket for you. They will sell out!
– This year, the ticket structuring has been changed to allow people to buy individual day tickets versus forcing them to buy a non-transferable 3-Day pass. There are no more “silver” or “gold” tickets in name, but it is important that you select the correct tickets if you want full access to all of the events during that weekend.
- The first option for sale is a Six-Day General Admission pass for $50. This is somewhat equivalent to last year’s “silver” pass. This will give you access to all of the day events in the soccer stadium for the full weekend. This will NOT, however, give you access at night to the tennis stadium, where all of the evening workouts will be held (including the final finishing events on Sunday afternoon that may determine who gets on the podium and who doesn’t).
- The second option for sale are the separate Tennis Stadium tickets, which also give you access to the Soccer Stadium. These are basically your “gold” passes, which give you access to EVERYTHING. A tennis stadium pass for Friday is $75, for Saturday is $100 and for Sunday is $100.
The good news is that these prices include all taxes and fees, plus parking each day at the venue. So no hidden fees! Also, children aged 12 and under get free admission when they are with a ticketed adult.
– According to the Games article, “there’s a limit of four passes per day” when purchasing. Basically this means you are allowed to buy four (4) Friday Tennis, four (4) Saturday Tennis and four (4) Sunday Tennis. If you need more than four (4) tickets, be sure to have a friend with a separate credit card online and ready to purchase.
Please note that we are talking about ‘TENNIS’ tickets (the $75/$100 tickets) and not the ‘SOCCER’ tickets. There are only 10,000 seats in the tennis stadium, so it will sell out fast.
Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3, using heaviest weight per set